Established in early 2005, FSD Kenya supports the development of more inclusive financial markets as a means to reduce poverty. Our ambition is to help the financial services industry create better financial solutions to real-world problems. Much of our focus is on the challenges facing lower-income households and smaller scale enterprises.
Maximising the impact of project activity on FSD’s strategy and long-term goals requires a strong emphasis on communication to the industry, policymakers and other key stakeholders. We are now looking for a Communications Manager to drive the implementation of a strategic communications plan that supports FSD as one of the leading think-tanks on inclusive finance in Kenya and highlights the impact of its work in developing markets to key stakeholders.
Who we need:
We’re looking for a self-driven individual with a strong and relevant professional background for this position. The right individual will bring innovation and creativity to the role, while providing practical advice to FSD’s team in executing the communications strategy. You will be responsible for all aspects of FSD’s communication effort. As part of a small team we’re looking for someone who is prepared to roll up their sleeves to get the job done, whether it is directly representing FSD on radio and TV news programmes, producing relevant content for newspapers or managing our electronic communication channels. At a minimum you will have:
- Qualification in social sciences, journalism or related field (preferably at master’s level).
- Experience in spearheading communication strategies and campaigns in or around the Kenyan context.
- Demonstrated high level of personal achievement and effectiveness.
- Outstanding communication skills including excellent spoken English
- Excellent writing and editing skills (evidenced by a portfolio of quality written products in a variety of forms).
Click on the download link below to view the terms of reference for this position. If you think you are the right candidate, kindly visit FSD Kenya application dashboard to apply no later than 22nd March 2019.Download