Anchored on the National Payments System Act (2011) and Regulations (2014), FSD Kenya has established a project to support the wider development of Kenya’s payments platform as a part of its digital financial inclusion strategy. A core component of this project has been to provide support to the industry players in the establishment of a Payments System Management Body (PSMB). The PSMB, officially named the Payment Association of Kenya (PAK) will have delegated authority from the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) to regulate the various payment systems in the Kenyan retail payment space. Specifically, it will establish and lead dialogue between the major payments providers (both banks and non-banks) to establish common rules and standards aimed at improving the end-to-end efficiency and affordability of the Kenyan retail payment system, while preserving market competition and incentives for investment and innovation.
Reporting to the PAK Governing Council, the Chief Executive Officer will assist in the provision of day-to-day management and establishment of the Association which will entail; developing the National Payments Strategy, managing key stakeholder relationships, ensuring corporate governance and compliance, leading and directing the Association and managing its human and financial capital.
You will need to be a visionary thought leader with strong project management skills. You will be required to engage with a diverse range of partners and stakeholders and must therefore possess strong interpersonal skills. To succeed, you will need to be agile, be highly motivated and able to deliver on a demanding set of outputs.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration from an accredited university
- At least 6 years’ work experience in a similar senior management position with fiscal accountability required (experience at a payments association is preferred)
- Experience in Payment Clearing Houses
- Demonstrable effective negotiation and collaboration skills
- Hands on task oriented attitude
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Experience in managing and directing teams to deliver results against tight timelines
Candidates should send their CV/resume and a cover/motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th June 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to set up interviews.Download