This report provides an overview of M-Shwari and answers three core questions:
- What is M-Shwari and how does it work?
- Who are M-Shwari customers and how are they using the product?
- Why are customers using (or not using) M-Shwari?
The report concludes with an exploration of the broader implications of products like M-Shwari, including:
- How will “big data” and the increasing digitization of data change financial service offerings, especially for the poor?
- What consumer protection implications do digitally delivered financial products raise?
- What are the broader market implications as others try to replicate this digital lending success?